Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor
Since 2001 I have been supporting people who have experienced a wide range of mental health, relationship issues and trauma.
I have worked within the NHS Service for several years and with many agencies and local charities including: Journey Counselling Service, Exeter Homeless Action Group, Age Concern, Connect and CAMHS; working with children and families and also adults with mental health difficulties.
I have experience in the following areas:
•Work Related Stress
•Pregnancy & Childbirth
•Bereavement & Loss
•Childhood Related Issues
•Trauma & Abuse
•Identity Development & Self Esteem
I am a Registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist. I have
trained in Gestalt Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
(CBT) and Transactional Analysis.
• Certificate in Supervision: Level 6
• Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling: Level 5
• Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling: Level 4 (CPCAB)
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Levels 1, 2 and 3.
• Advanced Certificate in Transactional Analysis (Iron Mill)
• Aspiring Managment Course, Levels 1,2&3 (Axis Consulting)
• Diploma in Pastoral Care and Counselling (Bridge Foundation)
• Psychology Degree, BA Hons (1999)
• Certificate in Education (Cert Ed)
I am a qualified Supervisor and offer Supervision to both experienced Counsellors and Trainees and other Health Care Professionals. My private practice is in Morchard Bishop near Crediton.
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
I am a Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work within their Ethical Framework. I have regular supervision as required by the BACP and I am fully insuranced.
I am committed to my own Continual Professional Development and regularly undertake training to enhance my work. I have recently completed courses in: Confidentiality, Child Protection and Safeguarding, Eating Disorders, Mindfulness and Trauma Work (Babette Rothschild).
I have a current DBS (CRB:Criminal Records Bureau) check.
Telephone: 0754 897 2668