Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor
Telephone: 0754 897 2668
Since 2001 I have been supporting people who have experienced a wide range of mental health issues and trauma.
I have worked within the NHS Service for several years and with many agencies and local charities including: Journey Counselling Service, Exeter Homeless Action Group, Age Concern, Connect and CAMHS; working with children and families and also adults with mental health issues.
I have experience in the following areas:
•Work Related Stress
•Pregnancy & Childbirth
•Bereavement & Loss
•Childhood Related Issues
•Trauma & Abuse
•Identity Development & Self Esteem
I am a Registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist. I have
trained in Gestalt Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
(CBT) and Transactional Analysis.
• Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling: Level 5
• Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling: Level 4 (CPCAB)
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Levels 1, 2 and 3.
• Advanced Certificate in Transactional Analysis (Iron Mill)
• Aspiring Managment Course, Levels 1,2&3 (Axis Consulting)
• Diploma in Pastoral Care and Counselling (Bridge Foundation)
• Psychology Degree, BA Hons (1999)
• Certificate in Education (Cert Ed)
I offer Supervision to both experienced Counsellors and Trainees and other Health Care Professionals.
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
I am a Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work within their Ethical Framework. I have regular supervision as required by the BACP and insurance.
I am committed to my own Continual Professional Development and regularly undertake training to enhance my work. I have recently completed courses in: Confidentiality, Child Protection and Safeguarding, Eating Disorders, Mindfulness and Trauma Work (Babette Rothschild).
I also have a current DBS (CRB:Criminal Records Bureau) check.